[Community] Fwd: [NgNOG-discuss] Fwd: [afnog] Application Deadline Extension- AIS 2020 - AfNOG ANNOUNCEMENT - KINSHASA - DRC (ENGLISH)

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:13:40 WAT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rashida Umar <rashida at forum.org.ng>
Date: Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 1:39 PM
Subject: [NgNOG-discuss] Fwd: [afnog] Application Deadline Extension- AIS
2020 - AfNOG ANNOUNCEMENT - KINSHASA - DRC (ENGLISH)
To: Data Communications & amp; Infrastructure SIG <
ngnog-discuss at abuja.forum.org.ng>

ANNOUNCEMENT -
> KINSHASA - DRC (ENGLISH)

> Hi All

> Kindly note Workshop Application deadline has been extended to 10th Feb
2020.

> Those who are yet to apply should please take this opportunity to apply
before
> the Deadline.

> No applications will be accepted after 10h Feb.2020

> Wish you all a good weekend.

> Best regards

> Nancy

> On December 13, 2019 at 9:30 PM nancy dotse <nancy at ghana.com> wrote:

> Hello,

> This is the 1st reminder of AIS 2020 AfNOG 2020.

> Interested participants should please apply before the deadline.

> Best regards

> Nancy

> On October 31, 2019 at 8:55 PM nancy dotse <nancy at ghana.com> wrote:

> Hi All,

> I trust all is well.

> AfNOG 2020 is hereby announced. Grateful if you can send to various
mailing
> lists

> Best regards

> Nancy

> AFRICA INTERNET SUMMIT (AIS) 2020 – WORKSHOPS & CONFERENCES

> AFRICAN NETWORK OPERATORS GROUP (AfNOG)

> Africa Internet Summit (AIS) Secretariat announces AfNOG’s program at The
Africa
> Internet Summit scheduled to be held in Kinshasa, DRC from 31 st May – 12
th
> June 2020.

> AIS is the pinnacle multi-stakeholder event combining, workshops,
conferences
> and networking for the internet Industry. The annual summit attracts
> internationally renowned Instructors, Experts and Speakers to share the
latest
> innovations and Best practices in the Internet industry. This is the place
> where the African Technical Institutions and Af* such as AfNOG, AFRINIC,
REN
> Africa, AfricaCERT, AfTLD –AROC, AfCHIX , ISOC Africa, AfrICANN, AfGWG etc
> meet.

> Meeting the needs of the Africa Internet Community:

> AIS aims at meeting the ever-changing needs of the ICT Industry and
includes the
> core IP Engineering as well as integrating the real world use and impact
of IP
> Technologies. Sessions include technical and business aspects of the
Internet
> :ie Capacity Building, Infrastructure, Security, Policy, Content & Names,
> Internet Numbers and Research.

> About the Entire Event :

> Event Calendar include the following:

>    * AfNOG Workshop on Network Technology (offering advanced training in a
>    week-long hands-on workshop) • Several one /two full-day Advanced AfNOG
>    Tutorials • AfricaCERT Workshop & Forums • AFRINIC Trainings • AfREN
Forum •
>     AfTLD – Workshop & Forum • ISOC Africa Sessions • ICANN Africa Day
>    * * AfChixTechWomen Summit • A one-day AfNOG Plenary Session • A
three-day
>     AFRINIC Plenary Session.

> In addition, several side meetings and workshops will be hosted in
collaboration
> with other organizations.

> Who Attends?

> A broad range of ICT Industry leaders and technical experts including
Internet
> Service Providers (ISPs), Network Engineers, CSIRTs Engineers and Policy
makers
> who wish to acquire the necessary skills in ICT, Government, Regulators,
> Telecommunication companies and ICT vendors. It is a good opportunity for
> networking among peers and businesses.

> Why Attend?

>    * The AIS addresses the current and future needs of operators in the
ICT
>    Industry • It is focused on popular and emerging ICT Industries such
as Cyber
>    Security, Mobile Networking among other. • It features discussions on
a wide
>    range of issues of the Internet including the current and newest
trends in ICT.
>    • Industry experts will be participating in conference sessions from
>    thought-provoking and visionary keynote presentations to interactive
panel
>     sessions, all addressing the most pressing topics

> LOCAL HOST : ISPA - DRC

> TIME TABLE

> Workshop & Tutorials - Event Date(s)

> Unix Boot Camp 31 May 2020 (Sunday)

> Networking Boot Camp 31 May 2020 (Sunday) CERT Boot Camp 31 May 2020
(Sunday)
> AfNOG Workshop 1 - 5 June 2020 (Monday - Friday)
> AfricaCERT Workshop 1 - 5 June 2020 (Monday - Friday)
> AfTLD – Workshop & Forum TBC
> AFRINIC Trainings TBC

> AfCHIX TechWomen Summit 6 June 2020 (Saturday)
> AfNOG Tutorials 6 – 8 June 2020 (Sunday - Monday)

> Forums & Conference : Event Date(s)

> ISOC Africa Sessions TBC

> ICANN Africa Day 7 June 2020

> Opening Session 8 June 2020 (Monday at 5 pm)

> REN Africa Tech Session 8 June 2020

> AfREN Meeting TBC

> AfNOG-21 Conference 9 June 2020

> AFRINIC-31 Conference 10 – 12 June 2020

> About AfNOG

> AfNOG (See [ http://www.afnog.org/ | http://www.afnog.org/ ] ) is a forum
for
> cooperation and the exchange of technical information between operators of
> Internet-connected networks in Africa. AfNOG aims at building a community
of
> engineers helping each other operate Internet Infrastructure in Africa,
and on
> the Global Internet as well as promote the discussion of issues relating
> implementation of new networks that require community cooperation.

> AfNOG has since year 2000 organized their annual Event in a different
African
> country each year.

> “While AfNOG fuels the rapid growth of the Internet in Africa with trained
> technical capacity, our content has been determined by the needs of the
> community. In so doing AfNOG’s output training capacity has multiplied in
the
> past decade and the community flourished”

> AfNOG Workshop on Network Technology :

> The AfNOG Workshop on Network Technology aims to offer advanced training
> people who are in the process of developing and enhancing an
Internet-connected
> network with regional and international connectivity. The target audience
> includes senior and mid-level technical staff of commercial Internet
service
> providers (ISPs), academic networks, government networks, or NGO networks.

> This workshop builds on the experience of previous AfNOG workshops held
annually
> from 2000 to 2019 in Twenty African countries, and also the Internet
Society's
> INET workshops, held annually from 1993 to 2000 at eight locations around
the
> world. The workshop's Instructors are an international team with many
years of
> experience in operating large networks and teaching about network
operations.

> AfNOG 2020 Workshop Tracks

> This year’s workshop is divided into Eight parallel Tracks: ( 5 English &
3
> French Tracks).

>    1. SS-E Scalable Internet Services (in English), focused on the design
and
>    operation of email, web, and other Internet services, in ways that can
scale to
>     handle large numbers of end users.
>    2. SS-F - Internet évolutives (enfrancais), similar to track SS-E, but
given in
>     French.
>    3. SI-E - Scalable Network Infrastructure (in English), focused on the
design
>    and operation of networks using routers and switches, in ways that can
scale to
>     handle large numbers of interconnected sites.
>    4. SI-F, Infrastructure Reseaux IP (enfrancais), similar to track
SI-E, but
>     given in French.
>     5. NM – E, Network Monitoring & Management (English)
>    6. NM-F, suivi et gestion de réseaux (enfrancais), similar to track
NM-E, but
>     given in French.
>     7. AR –E, Advanced Routing Techniques (English)
>     8. CT- E, CERT Training (English)

> Workshop application information is at :

> English: [ http://www.afnog.org/applications/online_application_en.php |
> http://www.afnog.org/applications/online_application_en.php ]
> French: [ http://www.afnog.org/applications/online_application_fr.php |
> http://www.afnog.org/applications/online_application_fr.php ]

> **Workshop Application Deadline – 15 th Jan, 2020

> About AFRINIC

> AFRINIC is the Regional Internet Registry for Africa headquartered in
Ebene,
> Mauritius. It is responsible for the distribution and management of
Internet
> number resources (IP address space and Autonomous System Numbers) in
Africa and
> the Indian Ocean region. AFRINIC ensures equitable and efficient
distribution
> of Internet number resources to the African Internet community to support
> Internet governance, technology usage and development across the
continent.

www.afrinic.net ] .

> AfricaCERT

> AfricaCERT will hold a 6 day Workshop & Tutorial on CSIRT Operations from
1 to 5
> June 2020 in Kinshasa, DRC. AfricaCERT is the African forum of computer
> incident response teams, and aims to propose solutions to Challenges for a
> better health in the Af* Internet Ecosystem.

> The objectives of AfricaCERT include, but are not restricted to :

>    * Assisting African countries in establishing CSIRTs; • Strengthening
the
>    relationships amongst CSIRTs in Africa and with other stakeholders all
over the
>    World; • Fostering and supporting education and outreach programs in
ICT
>    Security; • Encouraging information sharing in ICT Security; •
Promoting good
>    practices and experiences sharing among members to develop a
comprehensive
>    framework for cybersecurity including better addressing of legal and
regulatory
>    issues; • Assisting African CSIRTS in improving Cyber readiness and
enhancing
>    the resilience of ICT Infrastructure; • Promoting Collaborative
Technology
>     Research, Development and Innovation in the ICT security field.

> Please visit [ http://www.africacert.org/ | www.africacert.org ] for
further
> information.

> AfTLD – AROC Workshop & Meeting

> Africa Top Level Domains Organization (AFTLD) will be conducting a Train
the
> Trainer Session during AIS 2020. Further information will be provided
shortly.

> ICANN Africa

> ICANN Africa will be holding ICANN.Day. ICANN DAY is an annual full day
event
> taking place during the Africa Internet Summit. Participants will get an
update
> on ICANN’s current area of work, latest discussions on policy development
and
> update on the implementation of the Africa Strategy Further information
will be
> provided shortly.

> ISOC AFRICA
> ISOC Africa will be holding Hackathon /sessions on Internet Governance,
etc.
> Further information will be provided shortly.

> AfCHIX
> AfCHIX will be holding the Fourth AfCHIX Tech Women Summit on 6 th June,
2020.
> Further information will be provided shortly.

> AfNOG Tutorials

> AfNOG will offer 1 to 2 full-day(s) tutorials on advanced topics.
> Tutorials take place in a classroom-style environment, and may include a
> hands-on practical component. Tutorials are non-commercial in nature, and
most
> are technically oriented. They are intended to offer advanced training on
> technology already deployed or soon to be deployed on networking and
related
> services provisioning for ISP operations.

> Additional information about AfNOG 2020 Tutorials will be available here
> shortly:
> [ http://www.afnog.org/afnog2020/tutorial/ |
> http://www.afnog.org/afnog2020/tutorial/ ]

> REN Africa
> Research and Education Network, Africa will be holding a one day meeting
on 8th
> June 2019.

> The forum is a platform for discussions on issues of interest to the
research
> and education networking (REN) community such as collaboration, advocacy
and
> coordination of activities in Africa. Sharing of experience and best
practices
> as well as presentation of innovative networking technologies are also
> regularly addressed.
> Additional information on REN Africa 2020 will be provided shortly.

> AfNOG - 2020 Conference

> The 21 st AfNOG Conference will be held in Kinshasa DRC, on 9th June 2020.

> AfNOG conferences provide a forum for the coordination and dissemination
of
> technical information related to backbone/enterprise networking
technologies
> and operational practices. The conferences are informal, with an emphasis
on
> relevance to current and future African backbone engineering practices.
The
> AfNOG 2020 conference in Uganda drew several delegates, mainly consisting
of
> network engineering staff from lnternet Service providers,
Telecommunication
> Companies, Government, Research and Education community, Civil Society.
> Additional information and the Conference schedule will be available here
> shortly:
> [ http://www.afnog.org/afnog2020/conference/ |
> http://www.afnog.org/afnog2020/conference/ ]

> AFRINIC-32 Public Policy Meeting

> The AFRINIC-32 Public Policy meeting will be held in Kinshasa, DRC for
three
> days from 10th – 12 th June, 2020. AFRINIC Meetings are open to everyone
and
> provide an excellent opportunity to take part in Internet policy
discussions.
> These policies, which describe how Internet Number Resources should be
managed
> and distributed, are developed by the community. The meeting will include
> tutorials, presentations, update on the various working groups and the
AFRINIC

--
*Ogundele Olumuyiwa Caleb*
*muyiwacaleb at gmail.com <muyiwacaleb at gmail.com>*